Oct 27, 2009

What will we be?




I saw myself lying there
On a cold steal table
Exposed and bare

No spark of life left in my eyes
Just emptiness
Just emptiness

The time will come when our name will be called
It’ll be our turn to walk that hall

Young and old we’ll all breathe our last
Life is fleeting like the dieing grass

What will they say as I’m lying there?
Nice things?
Or will they care?

We all have bodies so weak on soft
Just a breath of wind and they’ll all be lost

We’ve all been told to live
Because tomorrow we might die
But we’re all so busy living
I think we’ve forgotten why

What’s behind our fleshy doors?
A heart that’s beating
Or is there more?
Or is there more?

They cut you open to see inside
No soul no life nothing to hide

You think you’re different
But when you’re dead
What’s so different?
We all have arms, legs and a head

If life is only bodies and nothing more
Then what the hell are we all living for?
There’s something more
There’s something more

I’ve read of people not afraid to die
They gave up their lives with out a final cry
What made them different
What made them brave
What made them willing to enter the grave?

All of creation took a single word
But we took more or haven’t you heard

All of creation will testify
I’m going to testify
I’m going to sing to my king most high
I’ll die so that I might live
In the life that God so freely gives
My body is just a tent
It’s not where the real me hides
I’m found in Jesus he is my joy
Clothed in a life that not even death can destroy

So what happens when you see you there
On a cold steal table exposed and bare
A silenced heart and nothing there
Just emptiness
Just emptiness
Just….. Dead.



I know some of you have already read this one on my other page, but in case you have not it is something to thing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment